Medical transcription companies select medical transcriptionists after taking initial tests. In this article; we look at the different ways through which medical transcriptionists can prepare for the test.
Medical transcription companies have different evaluation techniques for assessing the skills and knowledge of an MT during the hiring process. Medical transcription tests generally consist of grammar, vocabulary, and typing tests with selected voice files. They can be stressful if proper preparation is not done before the interview. These tests may include grammar, vocabulary, and typing tests with selected voice files. Let us look at some of the ways to prepare for medical transcription test:
- Carry reference material if allowed by the medical transcription company: Most of the medical transcription companiesallow medical transcriptionists to use reference materials during medical transcription testing. If that is the case, then carry your reference materials like: dictionaries, medical word books, favorite medical websites etc. in an organized manner so that they are handy and can be useful during test.
- Take a good nap night before the test: It is always advisable to have a good night’s sleep before taking the medical transcription test. You will feel refreshed and energetic for the all-important test. Start the day with a fresh mind. Take a hot bath before the tests; so that you are well awake and alert for the test.
- Disconnect with all distractions of the outer world prior to the test: Before you start off with the transcription test disconnect from all the possible distractions of the outer world. Inform your family members and friends not to distract you from the test. Turn off your mobile, radio, etc. before initiating the test.
- Relax and take a deep breath before answering a question: When you start a test, take a deep breath so that your mind does not turn out to be blank. Even if you are unable to answer a particular question, skip to the next question. You can then go back to correct or complete the answer. Always revise the answers before submitting them to the employers.
- Take a short break before the test: It is always advisable to take a short break before going for the typing test. Browse the internet on mobile, listen to music on the radio, see text messages, walk around, etc.
- Always leave some space for difficult words in the transcribed documents: The actual typing test will determine your appointment. Hence; it is very important to relax and breathe easily before taking the test. There are times when medical transcription companies give you difficult dictators. Hence; it is always advisable to keep blank spaces. Do not guess at a patient’s medical records. A medical transcription company will hire you quicker if you leave blanks than guess.
- Always proof-read the dictation before sending: After completing the transcribed document always re-listen to the dictation for proof. If you have left some blank spaces then try to fill them up. If you have made some mistake then correct it immediately. Take a break, relax and then run the spell-check option for accurate results.
A good medical transcriptionist would always take care of the points mentioned above.
Mediscribes, Inc. is one of the fastest-growing Medical Transcription & document management systems providers in United States, based in Metro Louisville. Mediscribes is an ISO 9000-2001 certified company, rendering cost-effective consolidated transcription solutions to major hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities in the United States. Mediscribes is the most value-providing organization in the market today with a strong presence in America and offshore locations. The firm specializes in providing highly accurate transcription adhering to ADHI guidelines in unbeatable turnaround time with a robust & proven document management system as its vantage point to its esteemed clientele.
Mediscribes provides end-to-end transcription solutions as its primary offering. For our customers, we focus on dictation systems, both ASP as well as enterprise-level solutions, with the help of our most valued asset ezVoiceIntelligence (ezVI), providing specialty-specific qualitative transcription along with a “whole nine yards” document management system. Mediscribes specializes in EMR data integration as well. Our data dispatch department is highly proficient in integrating transcribed reports into any type of EMR. Healthcare facilities that do not have EMR get the option to use our web-based file monitoring interface called eTranscribe for global access to their data. eTranscribe has special features of E-signing, E-faxing, auto-printing, and user-friendly document search criteria.
For additional information, please visit https://www.mediscribes.com
Media Contact (Mediscribes)
12806 Townepark Way
Louisville, KY 40243-2311
Copyright © 2009. Mediscribes.
Mediscribes is a registered trademark. All Rights Reserved.